Thursday, April 16, 2009

Monumental!

Today was a big day in our house. Roxie has decided that using the potty is a good idea. Despite the fact that she will be 3 in a few short months, this took me by surprise! I guess she is more ready than I am. No, I don't love changing diapers. But it seems like such a big girl thing to do! Am I ready for a big girl? I guess I better be. I have been talking about when she would be ready to be potty trained for months but I think the question should really have been when I would be ready. Today she decided that she did not need to wear a diaper....even when leaving the house. Holy crap! That means that I have to be aware of where the nearest bathroom is at all times. And I hate public bathrooms. I almost NEVER use them. I think I am going to have to get over that for a bit. They don't tell you that this is what being a mom is really all about. Being able to suck it up and seek out public restrooms....even squat down next to the toilet to help out. Do you people know how close that puts me to that toilet? Too close.

No comments: